Thread: Would love to see this guy as Rovers Manager

Thanks
    vCash

Would love to see this guy as Rovers Manager

James O'Connor

http://www.the42.ie/james-oconnor-lo...96444-Nov2017/

Full disclosure, this guy is an old classmate of mine. Real football brain - he was a small enough player who made a great career for himself at the upper end of the Championship level, great footballer, absolute terrier and a great understanding of the game. He always had to make up for his stature with those other characteristics & he did so, marshalling the midfield as West Brom got promoted to the premier.

He's made connections where he's played in England and the States. I wouldn't be surprised if he manages Orlando in the MLS one day at the least, maybe even back to one of his old UK clubs if they were to find themselves down the divisions again. With us we could offer him a pathway similar to the one MON had.. maybe into Europe with us one day to make a name for himself. If he was one day to do with Orlando what he's done with Kentucky he might be priced out of our bracket(might be already).

Brother of Danny & Kevin O'Connor who've had decent LOI careers, Danny had a decent stint with us. He also scored a screamer against us for Bray that I haven't forgiven him for!

And I can tell you this from knowing him - he'd take no shit off anyone of our players.
    Last edited by craftyhoop; 15-11-17 at 02:43.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to craftyhoop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 666 Posts
    vCash
    Feck me it did not take him long to settle in to the american way of eating.
    Fat Fecker
    Jam Mat: ROVERS SUPPORTER AND PROUD OF IT

Thread Information