Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 LOI in Europe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 663 Posts
    vCash
    Absolutely delighted to see a LOI club get through to next round and wish Pats and Cork the same success.
    People who don't want to see other LOI clubs besides Rovers do well in Europe are fools.
    Cos the same fools will be mouthing off about why Irish people won't support LOI clubs and then will want LOI clubs to fail.

Sure I can understand peoples fears of these clubs having more money than us, but hey its up to us to get ourselves back up there.
    Jam Mat: ROVERS SUPPORTER AND PROUD OF IT

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jam Mat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Cork thru, Pats out. (changed the name to save a "Come on BATE" thread)
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

Thanks
    vCash
    I know he obviously learned from his mistakes. But definitely its food for thought for all hoops fans.

Thanks
    vCash
    Our main problem was in loosing MON. They were his team and he was their manager. And after a history making period they thought very highly of themselves...

Other problem was Kenny's utter ineptitude in signing players. Shocking. It sped up the process of our fall and his exit.

The main reason I feel they will carry on further and achieve what we didn't at our recent best, 3 in a row, is him being the manager still. We finished 2nd, 1st and 1st in MON's 3 seasons and I couldn't imagine him finishing 4th in 2012.

It's the league domination in the last three seasons that scares not me not the next three.

Koh
    The Hoops are having a "porty"

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Mat View Post
    Absolutely delighted to see a LOI club get through to next round and wish Pats and Cork the same success.
    People who don't want to see other LOI clubs besides Rovers do well in Europe are fools.
    Cos the same fools will be mouthing off about why Irish people won't support LOI clubs and then will want LOI clubs to fail.

Sure I can understand peoples fears of these clubs having more money than us, but hey its up to us to get ourselves back up there.
    I could not agree more. The league is on its knees and needs improved revenue and profile to survive let alone thrive. We set the bar in Europe and need others to prove it was not a fluke for the league and to motive us to get back there.

AR
    We want our SRFCTV!

Thanks
    vCash
    ALL the clubs need to take this league by the scruff and work TOGETHER and tell the FAI to fuck right off with their stupid signed agreements. They can be in the background by name only for purpose of UEFA qualifications for national team.
    Unfortunately, judging by history and by the Irish attitude, it will be a case of either too many clubs looking out for themselves above the league as a whole and the desire for it to be someone else problem to be fixed and run by someone else!
    Harpin an'a Hoopin
    KOH

Thanks
    vCash
    Rovers and Rovers only for me , any other LOI team are the enemy ( some more than others ) and hate to see other clubs do well and go through in Europe and get the extra exposure and money. Should have been us. F*ck them all.
    "Great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies"!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Holland Hoop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Our EA cup semi final against Pats due to be played on 1 August has been postponed because Dundalk are playing their European game in Tallaght as Oriel is not up to the standard for this stage of the competition.
    Last edited by D15 Hoop; 22-07-16 at 12:36.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D15 Hoop View Post
    Our EA cup semi final against Pats due to be played on 1 August has been postponed because Dundalk are playing their European game in Tallaght as Oriel is not up to the standard for this stage of the competition.
    Bit of a joke that to be honest cant imagine the board being too happy . Shows what where we stand in SDCC list of priotities as "anchor tenants"

Thanks
    vCash
    Don't be surprised that as soon as the cheque clears there will be a number of external parties and former owners looking for their share of the pie.
    "Great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies"!

Thanks
    vCash
    Article by Eamonn Sweeney in the Independent. Although its mostly singing the praises of Dundalk or Cork, it makes valid points about the support for league of Ireland teams and the attitude of GAA supporters. For once, he avoids his usual cracks at us but someone should tell him that we won four in a row from 1984-87 and not three in a row from 1985-1987 as he says.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-34907015.html

Thanks
    vCash
    In Brussels for a few day's with work. Had a day odd so went to bruges. Saw one cork city jersey at gent station. Fair play to him, doesn't bode well for the league. Passed through gent at 2 pm and 7 pm

Senior Member the eamon fagan fanclub's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 449 Posts
    vCash
    Stunning result for Dundalk plus a min of approx €7 million guaranteed - another stand out night and result for Kenny,
    guess we better get used to it - pity as it should of been us if we'd handled the success of 2011 better , instead we got the last five years of disappointment layered on with even more disappointment , still no doubt others will disagree.
    5"So what does it all mean? . . . If a song moves you, that's all that's important."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the eamon fagan fanclub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Could've should've would've load of bollix its 5 years ago time to let it go .. They deserve huge credit for what they have achieved as we did back then .. This will surely mean a move out of there for kenny , across the pond will be watching maybe then the gap will be shortened only time will tell

Thanks
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 626 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the eamon fagan fanclub
    Stunning result for Dundalk plus a min of approx €7 million guaranteed - another stand out night and result for Kenny.
    A what?

When was the last time he won a European game? Gretna in 2006 iirc.

Fair enough, they got a good result against a side notorious for severe travel sickness in Europe. Even the gypos have beaten them. 5 years ago tonight, to the date, we had our chance against Copenhagen, a much more difficult opponent.

Not very concerned about Dundalk's windfall, as they'll waste it like every other club in this country that got European success have done. But at least they might build a stand out of it. And a pitch while they're at it.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    A what?

Fair enough, they got a good result against a side notorious for severe travel sickness in Europe. Even the gypos have beaten them. 5 years ago tonight, to the date, we had our chance against Copenhagen, a much more difficult opponent.

Not very concerned about Dundalk's windfall, as they'll waste it like every other club in this country that got European success have done. But at least they might build a stand out of it. And a pitch while they're at it.
    do I get a hint of the old Irish disease BEGRUDERY. It is probably ironic that Steven Kenny won the league in tallaght and has now gone one better in Europe than us. I am sure he must be walking on air.
    We blew it after our success don't know who is to blame whether it is the board or what. All I knew is that there were three ex rovers players on the pitch last night that helped rovers to reach their European pinnacle.
    Well done to them

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ayatallaght For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    A what?

While I hope you're right on the last part, he's had quite a few good wins even just with Dundalk. They're co-efficient has jumped 2 points this season alone, potentially will rise further too. And comparing the BATE that Bohs beat to the BATE Dundalk beat, probably only about €30million quid in the difference of those budgets.
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 663 Posts
    vCash
    Some bitter blinkered feckers on this site and supporting this club.
    Begrudery is the word for the sure.
    Listening to the reports and interviews on the radio today and delighted to hear the joy in the players voices. Brought back fond memories of Our European adventures and am so envious of the Dundalk supporters great few months ahead and all those away matches and wish them best of luck
    Jam Mat: ROVERS SUPPORTER AND PROUD OF IT

Thanks
    vCash
    A what?

Jesus! Begrudgery is alive and well and living behind the carpark goal.

Thanks
    vCash
    just seen this online makes interesting viewing interesting to see how much the FAIlure will give to the league from the 12m or whatever they got from the euros

Thread Information