Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 LOI in Europe

Thanks
    vCash

2016 LOI in Europe

Don't want that other lot anywhere near the prize money on offer.
    RAWK - "Might as well write off next season already , when will this nightmare ever end"

Thanks
    vCash
    Is this on the box??

Thanks
    vCash
    Eir Sport 1 (previous Setanta)
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Domhnach Bat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Going well enough to be fair behind to a good goal but not out of it

Thanks
    vCash
    Oops ! Finn had a pen saved
    but McMillan scores 1-1a minute later
    there 2-1up now McMillan again..in the driving seat now
    Last edited by hairy hoop; 20-07-16 at 22:35.

Thanks
    vCash
    2-1 to Dundalk now. That should put them through

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 372 Posts
    vCash
    Bollox

Thanks
    vCash
    2-2 13mins left

Thanks
    vCash
    Hung in there credit where it's due , a decent game to watch

Thanks
    vCash
    Dundalk through on away goals. The team that finished had four of our ex players (and our ex manager)

Senior Member the eamon fagan fanclub's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 451 Posts
    vCash
    Duns go through and now guaranteed two more European ties and will earn approx €1m from this season's European campaign - will put them into a similar financial position as we were at end of 2011- hopefully their board will fuc@ up their windfall and in 5 yrs time they'll be rejoicing after a 3-1 win against a 10 man Drogheda..... Surely they won't be that stupid?
    "... a true leader is a servant first..."

6 seasons and counting

Thanks
    vCash
    who knows maybe there manager will be approached with a lucrative offer to tempt him away from the club..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 629 Posts
    vCash
    The conman won his first European tie in donkeys years. Well not so much won it, as squeezed through on away goals against a bunch of fishermen.

So what will they do with all that cash? Build a new stand? Get a proper pitch? Or offer Ronan Finn a new contract?

If it's the last one, we've not a lot to worry about.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 953 Posts
    vCash
    Some people see this as 'scraping' through but to be fair to them they were the far better side over the two legs. It obviously makes a difference to us going into next season with their extra income, but for the rest of this season it makes no difference as all we were gonna be fighting for was third spot anyhow.

Senior Member Grays Sports Almanac's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,341 Times in 713 Posts
    vCash
    Wish we would have scraped through against Rops.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grays Sports Almanac For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Already stephen kenny and dundalk are already well ahead of the pack! Unfortunately I can see them dominating for another numbers of years. We unfortunately failed dismally to build on our success and is our own fault.

Somehow I doubt that Dundalk will be as lax as we were. Having said that it is good to see a league of Ireland team progressing and it can only help to encourage more fans just as we saw ourselves at the time.

I am sure it must be galling for all concerned to see the manager that was sacked and took over from michael o neill making a success of the team he took over after us. I am sure some hoops fans may be thinking deeply today.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ayatallaght For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Weren't we supposed to dominate for years after 2011 and everybody from outside the club were loathed to say it but it never happened you never know what's round the corner but as already said they're hardly stupid enough to copy our mistakes are they..

Senior Member the eamon fagan fanclub's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 451 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hairy hoop View Post
    Weren't we supposed to dominate for years after 2011 and everybody from outside the club were loathed to say it but it never happened you never know what's round the corner but as already said they're hardly stupid enough to copy our mistakes are they..
    Hopefully they will mess up.... But for me the position they're now in just highlights how we royally screwed up leaving us in our current catch up position which is a real shame as it was totally Avoidable
    "... a true leader is a servant first..."

6 seasons and counting

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the eamon fagan fanclub View Post
    Hopefully they will mess up.... But for me the position they're now in just highlights how we royally screwed up leaving us in our current catch up position which is a real shame as it was totally Avoidable
    I agree completely. Our troubles are self inflicted. As I said before, the board did very good work following the examinership and getting us into Tallaght but lost their way and showed poor judgement in the post Michael O'Neill era. I hope for better things with the recent changes to the board but, whatever the rights or wrongs of whether Fenlon should be sacked, I was not encouraged by the inept way in which it was done.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 372 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ayatallaght View Post
    Already stephen kenny and dundalk are already well ahead of the pack! Unfortunately I can see them dominating for another numbers of years. We unfortunately failed dismally to build on our success and is our own fault.

Somehow I doubt that Dundalk will be as lax as we were. Having said that it is good to see a league of Ireland team progressing and it can only help to encourage more fans just as we saw ourselves at the time.

I am sure it must be galling for all concerned to see the manager that was sacked and took over from michael o neill making a success of the team he took over after us. I am sure some hoops fans may be thinking deeply today.
    The only thing about Kennys tenure with is that I think deeply about is how he was such a waste of space when here. How he oversaw some of our heaviest defeats in years to our rivals, and not once came out and gave any indication of what his plan was to stop the rot and get up playing again.
    Another thing, when he took up the job in dundalk, how many of the players he signed for us did he rush out to bring up to dundalk? Gilbert, Powell, gartland, Kavanagh, etc. If anything, his disaster of a spell with us made him rethink his abilities as a manager and maybe helped him achieve the success he has had with dundalk now.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willgreed? For This Useful Post:

Thread Information