Thread: Ireland at Euro 2016

Thanks
    vCash

Ireland at Euro 2016

Is it bad/ non patriotic of me that I hope Ireland make a balls of it in the upcoming euro tournament.its not the players I don't like- they are all journeymen making a living in England and fair play to them.
    But I cannot overestimate how much I HATE Ireland fans. It's not an exageration to say that 98 out of 100 oh them are utter fuckin twats.
    I wil readily admit to being a football snob and I do indeed look down my nose at these fuckwits who are gearing up to get " the jump leads ready for the van to France", or whatever newstalk friendly phrase is doing the rounds at the moment.

I will cheer on the team from my sofa and will delight in any success the team has, but I'd happily change the locks on the countries door so the multitude of arsehole in the stands with their shake a shamrock plastic hammer get left behind and end up getting chased through Europe by a shitload of Syrians!

does that make me a bad person. I blame Roachey & the board - everyone else is!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonhoff For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 663 Posts
    vCash
    Nah, It doesn't make you a bad person at all.
    It just confirms your a Bad Person
    Jam Mat: ROVERS SUPPORTER AND PROUD OF IT

Thanks
    vCash
    I don't think you're a bad person, but you are a bit of a cock giving out about people who want to go and enjoy the euros and by default support their country, are these thousands any different to the thousands who would usually flock to Santa Ponsa for 2 weeks of sun and put a tri-colour on their balcony, not really. Do they do the thousands at home who can't afford or be bothered to travel any harm either, no not really.

All I know is, I'll be there for at least one game and I genuinely couldn't give two fucks what the likes of yourself thinks about that, do I expect much from it, probably no more than I would have expected from a two legged tie against Juve but I still travelled despite being 2 down from the home game. Sometimes football is about just being there, and by Christ as a rovers fan that is most certainly the case. What I would suggest to yourself bud is to buy a France jersey and just hope the favourites win, cause that's clearly what you amount football support to.

Hope it works out for you!��

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 394 Posts
    vCash
    Well I for one can't wait for the Euros. The underdogs. The passion for the green jersey. In MON we trust.

Come on Northern Ireland!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Professor K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Funnily enough, ever since USA 94 I've had little interest when we qualified for a finals tournament... I actually enjoyed the tournaments more when we weren't involved as there was less of the usual paddywackery & suchlike. Euro 2012 merely confirmed that for me as I only started to enjoy it after we knew we were out. However, & oddly, I'm actually looking forward to this one & seeing Ireland participate & even went to lengths to pick up a retro Ireland jersey for myself & new ones for the kids when I hadn't entertained thoughts of wearing (let alone buying one) an Ireland football jersey in at least 15-20 years... Maybe its having the kids now & seeing them asking about it & wanting to watch the games with their daddy that's relit my interest, but either way & for whatever reasons I'll be eagerly looking forward to the Ireland games & genuinely hope we can do well.
    Pride in our past! Faith in our future!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Dunne For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caco View Post
    I don't think you're a bad person, but you are a bit of a cock giving out about people who want to go and enjoy the euros and by default support their country, are these thousands any different to the thousands who would usually flock to Santa Ponsa for 2 weeks of sun and put a tri-colour on their balcony, not really. Do they do the thousands at home who can't afford or be bothered to travel any harm either, no not really.

All I know is, I'll be there for at least one game and I genuinely couldn't give two fucks what the likes of yourself thinks about that, do I expect much from it, probably no more than I would have expected from a two legged tie against Juve but I still travelled despite being 2 down from the home game. Sometimes football is about just being there, and by Christ as a rovers fan that is most certainly the case. What I would suggest to yourself bud is to buy a France jersey and just hope the favourites win, cause that's clearly what you amount football support to.

Hope it works out for you!��
    Bonhoff has a point to a certain degree, i hope Ireland do well and at least progress to the knock outs but i just can't stand most of the fuckwits that follow them. They may as well be at a Bon Jovie gig or a gaa fixture because it's all the same to them, i have nothing in common with a bunch of clowns from some golf society in Claremorris on their annual outing, so while i hope we do well, i won't be too sad for the event junkies should be get walloped.

Thread Information