Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Galatasaray

Thanks
    Thanked 3,834 Times in 690 Posts
    vCash

Galatasaray

Bit of a long shot: anyone got a connection with Galatasaray fans or particularly the UltrAslan? Thinking of heading to Istanbul for a few days and fancy catching a game, especially if there's the possibility of access to the home end. Any tips or contact names/phone numbers/email addresses/twitter accounts would be greatly appreciated. PM if you've any info.
    Joe Merriman - the ultimate number 12

Thanks
    vCash
    Away fans are banned in turkey - except for this years derby between karsiyaka and goztepe, izmir derby.
    There was a besiktas fan used to post here a while back.. But like a lot of Rovers fans hasn't been here in a while ��

Thanks
    vCash
    Crowds in turkey are brutal though.. You'll get a ticket if you ask the hotel managed to box you off
    Expect unusually expensive prices eg €50 etc.. Istanbuls as expuenaive as.fuck

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcanto View Post
    Crowds in turkey are brutal though.. You'll get a ticket if you ask the hotel managed to box you off
    Expect unusually expensive prices eg €50 etc.. Istanbuls as expuenaive as.fuck
    Is this due to the league being riddled with corruption lately? Weren't Fenerbahce up to all sorts of carry on a couple of seasons back?

Thanks
    vCash
    Imagine this is why attendances have nosedived http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/10/0...urkish-soccer/
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,834 Times in 690 Posts
    vCash
    Thanks for the tips.

Looks like Turkey's going the way of Italy with that invasive card system Domhnach Bat highlighted. It shows how right-wing life has become as the authorities stamp down on acts of individual or collective expression at football, regardless of its persuasion.

Things are so fucked-up at Roma it's beyond belief and the Curva Sud experience is as good as dead. Any Hoops - and there were a few - who had the pleasure of an electric atmosphere on a good day/night at the Olimpico should cherish those memories. It's like Tolka in 1987/88 these days, albeit with more people 'enjoying' the graveyard atmosphere. You can even hear the players shouting to each other when you're watching games on TV. How fucked-up is that? You might as well be watching bowls on BBC 2.

Thanks to srfcanto for the realistic practicalities: if I do go, it looks as though I might as well just get scabby, over-priced tickets from the hotel concierge and wonder what it was like in the good old days when there was a bit of craic.

Still, Istanbul looks fascinating as a three or four-day cultural pit-stop. And current flight prices are nothing if not competitive.
    Joe Merriman - the ultimate number 12

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank O'Neill View Post
    Thanks for the tips.

Looks like Turkey's going the way of Italy with that invasive card system Domhnach Bat highlighted. It shows how right-wing life has become as the authorities stamp down on acts of individual or collective expression at football, regardless of its persuasion.

Things are so fucked-up at Roma it's beyond belief and the Curva Sud experience is as good as dead. Any Hoops - and there were a few - who had the pleasure of an electric atmosphere on a good day/night at the Olimpico should cherish those memories. It's like Tolka in 1987/88 these days, albeit with more people 'enjoying' the graveyard atmosphere. You can even hear the players shouting to each other when you're watching games on TV. How fucked-up is that? You might as well be watching bowls on BBC 2.

Thanks to srfcanto for the realistic practicalities: if I do go, it looks as though I might as well just get scabby, over-priced tickets from the hotel concierge and wonder what it was like in the good old days when there was a bit of craic.

Still, Istanbul looks fascinating as a three or four-day cultural pit-stop. And current flight prices are nothing if not competitive.
    I'm going to Istanbul in two weeks, wanted to go to a game but with the Passolig system they have it looks nearly impossible. Even if it was possible, going to a game with no proper support would feel like crossing a picket.

I'm trying to scope out the lower leagues (Passolig only covers the top two divisions AFAIK) but your best option if you're just interested in support/atmosphere might actually be to go to a handball/basketball/futsal game as many Turkish groups are now supporting their clubs in these sports instead.

As for contacts if you're still stuck, Ultras-Tifo forum is definitely worth a try if you haven't already.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 941 Posts
    vCash
    If you haven't seen it before you should rent out a movie called Midnight Express and watch it the night before you go.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Bunch of animals, keep smiling and you might be ok.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to number 8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Wear a leeds Jersey

On a side note, the system here seems quiet effective. Maybe the nuts and bolts of it
    could be sent to Angela Merkel and most european leaders to deal with the flood
    of migrants arriving in the EU.
    Last edited by Paul; 11-01-16 at 07:30.
    RAWK - "Might as well write off next season already , when will this nightmare ever end"

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Wear a leeds Jersey

On a side note, the system here seems quiet effective. Maybe the nuts and bolts of it
    could be sent to Angela Merkel and most european leaders to deal with the flood
    of migrants arriving in the EU.
    What would you like to see happen to those fleeing the Syrian civil war?

Koh
    The Hoops are having a "porty"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Foghorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post

Koh
    Deny them tickets to football matches, from what I can gather.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whimpersnap For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash

Koh
    Nothing to do with Ireland, so as long as that's the way it stays, indifferent
    RAWK - "Might as well write off next season already , when will this nightmare ever end"

Thanks
    vCash
    Fine example of your human spirit or lack thereof, but they're wouldn't be much left after your musings on LFC.... has nothing to do with Ireland either!

Koh

Thanks
    vCash
    Fine example of your human spirit or lack thereof, but they're wouldn't be much left after your musings on LFC.... has nothing to do with Ireland either!

Koh
    Valid point about the footy I suppose, regarding Syria what would you propose mother Theresa?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 460 Posts
    vCash
    the famine had fuck all to do with the yanks and the recession less to do with Australia. We either opt out of the migration business or we don't.
    Fuck off Brennan

Thanks
    vCash
    Valid point about the footy I suppose, regarding Syria what would you propose mother Theresa?
    I'd hardly consider myself Mother Theresa but an attitude that doesn't profess to keep them in a tyrannical hell on earth war zone and allow them to live like a human is what I'd be aiming for. Before the war I think they were pretty happy not wanting to bother Angela Merkel so it must mean that war of theirs mustn't be great at all.

But you and I differ in opinion, that's fine. I'll remain indifferent to yours.

Koh

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Foghorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    I agree with you that we all deserve to live like human beings but we also have to behave like human beings, Cologne has changed everything, dark times ahead. The right have the upperhand now and its going to get very messy with the other right ie the muslim extremists.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to number 8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    I'd hardly consider myself Mother Theresa but an attitude that doesn't profess to keep them in a tyrannical hell on earth war zone and allow them to live like a human is what I'd be aiming for. Before the war I think they were pretty happy not wanting to bother Angela Merkel so it must mean that war of theirs mustn't be great at all.

But you and I differ in opinion, that's fine. I'll remain indifferent to yours.

Koh
    Where did I say these people should not be allowed live like humans?? Fundamentally I probably agree with you, just think we already have a migration issue in the country and the importation of migrants should be managed better in general would be my view, Personally think we are vulnerable as a nation with regards Sham colleges,Sham marriages and lax borders around Europe to people who should not be allowed to reside here.

Think this is to provide cheap labour to business and allow questionable work practises to be carried out at the expense of the quality of Irish life, Both parents having to work, No wage increases, Sunday Trade,poor hospital facilities, services etc etc etc

The government's main concern seems to be to keep the till ringing with tax at the expense of quality of life(Irony being the future pension burden on the sate), they seem to mis manage anything under their remit and the importation of Syrian Migrants(Pakastani?bangladeshi etc etc?) will have huge financial costs for the taxpayer.

Integration of migrants as well as proper vetting would be my preference. Kids first etc, looking at Calais,Paris and Cologne it's clear these people are really in turmoil. But our health system, Housing system and Homeless including drug situation is already out of control.

Being yes people to Merkel is not the right way and her decision to break all rules shows that this EU is not equal and that we have lost all power of being a republic even like the banking fiasco if it is unsuitable or unfair. Not really comfortable with what suits Germany is what should be implemented here would prefer to be masters of our own destiny but am also realistic to realise the financial benefit of EU membership is also a key factor. The current model is a negative on Ireland although for a long time was heavily in our favour with regards funding I accept, but should we hang around for the negatives?

The lisbon treaty has changed everything and the solutions to this issue will be very hard to find.

Regarding this issue on the points made by RTID I believe it's different as in what Australia/US allowed to happen,this was to their benefit, labour required to fuel economic growth, if we have same opportunities then we should import also, but these will be a burden on the state imo both financially and culturally as in the issues will remain amongst the factions living here and will become Irish issues potentially. These migrants are likely to be a burden on the state, I would prefer to invest in the problems we have currently rather than import new problems.

Should the wealthy neighbour's closer to Syria not be these people's destination and if not why Not? Why do these people not want to stay and fight for their country?

Finally Foghorn I enjoy English football and post in appropriate section not sure how it's relevant to this topic and please don't claim to know my character as I am very glad to say I have no idea who you are and hope that remains that way forevermore.
    Last edited by Paul; 12-01-16 at 07:02.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 1,379 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by number 8 View Post
    I agree with you that we all deserve to live like human beings but we also have to behave like human beings, Cologne has changed everything, dark times ahead.

Absolutely.

The fair-minded majority in Germany that hitherto called for compassion and understanding are completely rattled and confused and unsure of what the next steps are.

Whereas the fascist right-wing minority are in an absolute blind rage – talking and planning vigilantism.

But make no mistake. Pegida aren’t pissed off. They are absolutely fucking delighted. They were increasingly marginalized and ridiculed halfwits. Now they are still halfwits, but clearly have the upper hand and are absolutely relishing it. While everyone else is close to dumbstruck, Pegida are in the pubs celebrating.

They are going on about having to protect “our women”. But of course as my missus and daughter have pointed out, they are most certainly NOT “pegida’s women”. Referring to women in possessive terms is exactly what radical moslems do. So now Pegida are at it too. Hilarious.

Pegida’s favourite quote right now is: “I told you so”. But of course they didn’t. Nobody predicted Cologne. Not in a million years. But that won’t stop them using every last single incident for their propaganda purposes, all the while saying: “I told you so”.

German rag BILD is as usual not helping matters.

They have spent the last six months at least reporting in utterly graphic detail about the plight of the asylum seekers – their horrendous journey to Europe, children drowning, police brutality, attacks on asylum centers etc.

Because that’s what BILD does. It reports on horror on a daily basis – scaring the bejasus out of their readers.

And now – as they so often do – they have simply turned 180 degrees and suddenly all the asylum seekers are fucking barbaric animals.

Seeing the asylum seekers out and about – in my village and in the local towns – my take is this:

The vast, vast majority of Syrian asylum seekers come in peace, desperate for sanctuary from an utterly insane war and 100% willing to play by the rules and make no trouble.

There is a very small minority from Syria (single men) who are absolute cunts. And they are joined by a load of single men from Morocco and Algeria who are also absolute cunts – and who have no business whatsoever seeking asylum, but are just chancing their arm.

Politicians and police are going to have to (and will) come down on these cunts like a ton of bricks very fast. They will have to completely overstep the law to do so – but nobody will object to that.

Right now the cunts from Morocco and Algeria (and Syria) are literally laughing right into the faces of the police, because they think they can get away with murder. That has to stop. Pronto.

The battleground – if that isn’t too severe a term – will be the upcoming carnival season. Some of the cunts will go into hiding of course. But many won’t – and will use the carnival for more sex attacks and more robbing. And when they do – they had better pray that the police get to them before the vigilantes, because the vigilantes will be on such high alert that it will only take a small incident to spark an utterly furious backlash.

It’s going to get really fucking nasty…..

Last edited by karlsruhe hoop; 12-01-16 at 09:15.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karlsruhe hoop For This Useful Post:

Thread Information