Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: La Liga and all things Spanish

Thanks
    vCash
    Messi with a hat trick tonight against leverkusen. Barca playing so well.
    THE MODEL CLUB

Thanks
    vCash
    This is unbelievable stuff messi with 4 and some lad comes on and gets 2 in 9mins and looks like they could get more...

Thanks
    vCash
    Bilbao beatin man united 3-2 in the europa league. out classed them all night. Delighted.
    THE MODEL CLUB

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dougiey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiey View Post
    Bilbao beatin man united 3-2 in the europa league. out classed them all night. Delighted.
    Totally outclassed, 3-2 flattered Man Utd big time

Thanks
    vCash
    DeGea kept the score respectable. Bilbao look are really good side, some great passing and movement....but its a shockingly poor Utd side. worst Utd side of the premier league era imo.

finglashoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbourne hoop View Post
    DeGea kept the score respectable. Bilbao look are really good side, some great passing and movement....but its a shockingly poor Utd side. worst Utd side of the premier league era imo.
    maybe the worst but still second in the league which shows the poorness of the premier league when the sky wank fest is ignored

8. The Following User Says Thank You to finglashoop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbourne hoop View Post
    Definitely worst United team in prem....midfield is horrendous.
    JUSTICE FOR THE MAN ON THE BUS

srfc_carr
    Quote Originally Posted by finglashoop View Post
    maybe the worst but still second in the league which shows the poorness of the premier league when the sky wank fest is ignored
    sky are always going to big up a league they spend 600 million on a year.why spend all t hat money otherwise.im sure the other sports shows in spain and italy do the exact same.its just we see more of the english one doing it.

on last night.great side.i said during the game there like a mini barca.there the only team ive seen play with the same system that is very like the one barca play with.pity they wont be able to hang onto some of there better players in the long term.they are sure to end up at real and barca.

on united.last night once again showed up the weakness in the midfield.the cracks haver been there for years and nothing has been done because united have won leagues and been to 3 champions league finals.major changes are needed in the summer.but i wouldnt hold my breath

Thanks
    vCash
    Whatever the Spanish are doing to produce so many good young players these days, it is good. Bilbao were onderful last night and Valencia hammered PSV (I was flicking) in ther game too - even if they conceded a couple of sloppy goals at the end.

Great things happening in European football now with teams like Napoli, the above and Barca of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 940 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by finglashoop View Post
    Hopefully people that were once deluded by the 'best league in the world' crap for years will have opened their eyes.

Thanks
    vCash
    Llorente is a fantastic player.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc_carr View Post
    on last night.great side.i said during the game there like a mini barca.there the only team ive seen play with the same system that is very like the one barca play with.pity they wont be able to hang onto some of there better players in the long term.they are sure to end up at real and barca.
    You would hope the Bilbao connection would stop some of the inevitable slide to Madrid at least. Wishful thinking probably.

United were slaughtered, I don't know if there's anyone in the squad who could've stopped Bilbao that wasn't playing, yet people are saying it was a weakened side.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 450 Posts
    vCash
    United battered alright, no complaints, other than the decision to give Bilbao a free kick (which led to the third goal) because Evra played on after losing his boot! The fact that Bilbao played on when they might have given the ball back to United is irrelevant, Rafael should have booted the ball into the middle of next week after De Gea made the initial save. No chance of Utd pulling it back in the second leg as they seem to be incapable of keeping a clean sheet in Europe these days, especially away from home. Bilbaos defence isn't great but neither is Uniteds. Definitely wont be a nil nil draw.
    Last edited by marwelie; 09-03-12 at 15:36.
    There is a light that never goes out
    "I'll never play for another team in the South of Ireland. It would be too weird and too hard"
    "Does your barman know you're here?"

srfc_carr
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post

United were slaughtered, I don't know if there's anyone in the squad who could've stopped Bilbao that wasn't playing, yet people are saying it was a weakened side.
    i wouldnt be one of them.a lot of them just didnt look arsed.thats not a excuse.out played and fought all over the pitch and only for de gea could have taken a hammering.funny enough i think there back 4 and keeper aint up to much.in the few times united did get forward they opened them up.could be a cricket score next week.Llorente is a class act.it will be hard to see them hanging onto him.money talks.am i right in thinking 90% of there team came through there youth ranks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 500 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpande View Post
    Whatever the Spanish are doing to produce so many good young players these days, it is good. Bilbao were onderful last night...
    The club’s Cantera (youth academy) is still one of the strongest in Spain. The spirit among young men, who grow up together playing for the club they supported as boys, is something every club envies. It is said that when the Athletic Club is losing, its crowds grow bigger. The club is owned by its 35,000 members, who connect with the players in a way that fans of clubs with foreign imports or loanees cannot. They've watched them come through the academy; been to their confirmations; bumped into them in the shopping mall, etc.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousins's Dozens For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousins's Dozens View Post
    The club’s Cantera (youth academy) is still one of the strongest in Spain. The spirit among young men, who grow up together playing for the club they supported as boys, is something every club envies. It is said that when the Athletic Club is losing, its crowds grow bigger. The club is owned by its 35,000 members, who connect with the players in a way that fans of clubs with foreign imports or loanees cannot. They've watched them come through the academy; been to their confirmations; bumped into them in the shopping mall, etc.
    I've had the pleasure of visiting San Mames (La Cathedral del futbol) many times, great club with a great soul. And a little bit nuts too. Aupa Athletic!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 13_de_Marzo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 500 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 13_de_Marzo View Post
    I've had the pleasure of visiting San Mames (La Cathedral del futbol) many times, great club with a great soul. And a little bit nuts too. Aupa Athletic!
    The club with the English name, formed at a time when the only English club named ‘Athletic’ was Oldham Athletic.
    http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5189/5...24fc2565f3.jpg
    Last edited by Cousins's Dozens; 13-03-12 at 12:37.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc_carr View Post
    sky are always going to big up a league they spend 600 million on a year.why spend all t hat money otherwise.im sure the other sports shows in spain and italy do the exact same.its just we see more of the english one doing it.

on united.last night once again showed up the weakness in the midfield.the cracks haver been there for years and nothing has been done because united have won leagues and been to 3 champions league finals.major changes are needed in the summer.but i wouldnt hold my breath
    I think it is no surprise that Bielsa is one of the managers that Guardiola looks up to, even going so far as to travel to Argentina to meet him and compare coaching ideas. The style of play in regard to both teams is strikingly similar, high pressure from all players when not in possession, and no little skill going forward when they have the ball. Even having Llorente up front doesn't encourage to lump it to the big guy. Also a reliance on players from their cantera which is laudable in today's game which has similarities with the Barca project.

I've had the pleasure of attending games at the San Mames a few times and I have to say it's one of the best stadiums for atmosphere I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to Thursday's game, I can see them taking a few of this United team. For a team currently winning the Sky Sports, sorry, Barclay's Premier League, they are shockingly poor. A side which has to rely on a 38yr old to anchor its midfield is in serious decline.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousins's Dozens View Post
    Great post CD, it's a real pity that more football clubs aren't like this today. The Bilbao fans are a class apart, very friendly to foreign guests and see it as a source of great pride that people take an interest in their team. The hospitality I've been n shown there on numerous occasions has been second to none.

Thanks
    vCash
    Bilbao making United look like amateurs tonight. They're just far too good for them. Constant pressure being put on them.
    THE MODEL CLUB

Thread Information