Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing!

Senior Member northside hoopaholic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,472 Times in 655 Posts
    vCash

heffo the hoop
    anyone see the documentary on BBC4 last night about young cuban bwoxazz ?? about 12 year old kids training for the nationals and the political and social importance the country places on the sport............. I'm not ashamed to say it............ i cried .

Thanks
    vCash
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...844946,00.html not good signs....

Matthew Macklin has reportedly pulled out of his WBA middleweight eliminator against Khoren Gevor because of a contractual dispute.

Macklin was due to appear on the undercard of Amir Khan v Paul McCloskey at the MEN on Sky Sports Box Office on April 16.

However, Hatton Promotions say the fight will not now take place, leaving Macklin's future in some doubt.

The 'Irish Brummie' fought twice under Frank Warren last year only to jump ship to Golden Boy, who lined him up to take on veteran Winky Wright.

But when Wright withdrew because of injury, the European champion was added to the Khan bill, which is being put together by Khan, Golden Boy and Hatton Promotions.

Full details of Macklin's decision are yet to emerge.
    Last edited by Domhnach Bat; 31-03-11 at 20:04.
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

Goldendixie
    That's a strange one, he was on Ringside last week talking up his fight against Grevor.

Thanks
    vCash
    Tyson Fury is down to fight Hasim Rahman who once knocked out Lennox Lewis. Fair play to Fury, he's game ball! Although Rahman is well past it, it is still a serious risk for Fury as Rahman can still throw bombs.
    Read an article recently about Fury (who was born in England but has Irish family) claiming to be Irish and that he's fighting for an Irish passport. He seemed pretty genuine that he wanted to be seen as Irish and he even said 'I'm not English anyway!'. It got me on board anyway and I hope he does the business, you have to admire him, he only has 14 fights or something and he says he wants the Klitschkos. He is fearless but the Klits would destroy him at this stage!
    Anyway the Rahman fight is on the undercard of Khan McCloskey.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northside hoopaholic View Post
    Tyson Fury is down to fight Hasim Rahman who once knocked out Lennox Lewis. Fair play to Fury, he's game ball! Although Rahman is well past it, it is still a serious risk for Fury as Rahman can still throw bombs.
    Read an article recently about Fury (who was born in England but has Irish family) claiming to be Irish and that he's fighting for an Irish passport. He seemed pretty genuine that he wanted to be seen as Irish and he even said 'I'm not English anyway!'. It got me on board anyway and I hope he does the business, you have to admire him, he only has 14 fights or something and he says he wants the Klitschkos. He is fearless but the Klits would destroy him at this stage!
    Anyway the Rahman fight is on the undercard of Khan McCloskey.
    Fury is rubbish and I will be seriously surprised if he does anything beyond British level. He should definitely not be 14-0 after that first fight with John McDermott. Terry O'Connor should not have been allowed have anything to do with boxing after that fight.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog...yweight-boxing

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    People arguing over the merits of which is better, UFC or boxing are cabbages, usually people who wouldn't dream of doing either . Two completely different sports

Might as well say cricket is better than american football seen as both are played with a ball
    Correct, in fairness Ste most people have been respectful in their comments.

Ste
    Quote Originally Posted by nphoop View Post
    Correct, in fairness Ste most people have been respectful in their comments.
    Probably because I deleted all the dumb comments. Never under estimate the stupidity of some people on here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,995 Times in 592 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domhnach Bat View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...844946,00.html not good signs....

Matthew Macklin has reportedly pulled out of his WBA middleweight eliminator against Khoren Gevor because of a contractual dispute.

Macklin was due to appear on the undercard of Amir Khan v Paul McCloskey at the MEN on Sky Sports Box Office on April 16.

However, Hatton Promotions say the fight will not now take place, leaving Macklin's future in some doubt.

The 'Irish Brummie' fought twice under Frank Warren last year only to jump ship to Golden Boy, who lined him up to take on veteran Winky Wright.

But when Wright withdrew because of injury, the European champion was added to the Khan bill, which is being put together by Khan, Golden Boy and Hatton Promotions.

Full details of Macklin's decision are yet to emerge.
    Khan set to lose 1 million with McCloskey fight now on SS3

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...aos?CMP=twt_gu

Thanks
    vCash
    Happy days if it is on SS3, seems a bit chaotic mind.
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

Thanks
    vCash
    Absolutely ridiculous having the card on Box Office in the first place.

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Probably because I deleted all the dumb comments. Never under estimate the stupidity of some people on here
    I missed them so.

I certainly don't underestimate the stupidity but actually thought things had improved of late.....now I read that my new found belief in this forum may simply be down to you editing or removing shitty posts rather than an improvement in the quality?

I'm sad now.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dk74 View Post
    Khan set to lose 1 million with McCloskey fight now on SS3

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...aos?CMP=twt_gu
    Fight now on PPV station Primetime instead of SS3

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Primetime.html

A bit of a disaster for Khan & he might be silly getting greedy here & shafting Sky because of a pisspoor undercard. Sky have shown all of his fights and hes made a few quid outta them in return, dont believe your own hype (again) son
    Culture. Alienation. Boredom and despair

Thanks
    vCash
    Fucking disgrace last night! That cut wasnt that bad at all and there wasnt even any blood coming out of it! I have never seen a fight stopped like that. I mean why the fuck was he not allowed to finish the round at least? Disgraceful stuff and I feel terrible for McCloskey who was slipping everything Khan threw at him (except the headbutt of course). I thought he was doing very well, he may not have landed much but the gameplan was to survive the early rounds and come on strong later. He did himself proud, he will get another crack at a title.
    Khan on the other hand is having a fucking laugh talking about fighting Mayweather, if you cant hit Paul McCloskey, how the fuck will you hit Mayweather? I hope the fight gets made and we see Khan tortured by Mayweather. I never like Khan but after seeing him celebrating his 'win' last night and the comments he made after it has made me despise the cunt!

After the frustrations of watching the McCloskey fight I was pleasantly suprised when I watched Erik Morales v Marcos Maidana which a friend had recorded for me. My god this was some fight and how Morales pulled out that performance several years and weight classes past his prime who knows? He was fantastic and deserves a rematch! Morales is the last man to beat Paquaio and he is a legend! He is way past his prime though and he was expected to be knocked out early, fair play to him for making it war!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to northside hoopaholic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash

Thanks
    vCash
    His eye was like that from the second round! What a warrior, what a legend!

Thanks
    vCash
    I really hate Amir Khan, very very overrated boxer too.

Thanks
    vCash
    Khan is an extremely pampered boxer. Serious strings had to have been pulled for Freddie Roach to take him on. He says he wants to take on Mayweather and Pacquiao. I somehow cannot see Roach allowing two of his own fight each other. Could be wrong. I doubt Mayweather will still be boxing in two years time either. Again, could(hopefully will be) wrong. I'd bet on Khan not landing one single punch on Mayweather for 12 rounds.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domhnach Bat View Post
    Khan is an extremely pampered boxer. Serious strings had to have been pulled for Freddie Roach to take him on. He says he wants to take on Mayweather and Pacquiao. I somehow cannot see Roach allowing two of his own fight each other. Could be wrong. I doubt Mayweather will still be boxing in two years time either. Again, could(hopefully will be) wrong. I'd bet on Khan not landing one single punch on Mayweather for 12 rounds.
    come to me if the fight happens, ill gladly take that bet.

Thanks
    vCash
    just saw the interview now by khan after the fight.....didnt realise he was like that...what a complete wanker.......hope he gets knocked the fuck out in his next fight....

Thread Information