Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing!

Senior Member northside hoopaholic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,472 Times in 655 Posts
    vCash

Boxing!

Seeing as how the Unfortunate Fooled Cunts have their Turkish wrestling thread, I think it's only right that the best combat sport in the world gets a thread as well.

Dissapointing night on Saturday with Willie Casey getting totally outclassed but you have to give than man credit for having the balls to get in the ring with such a class operator like Rigondeaux. This isnt the end of Willie Casey and no doubt he will be entertaining us again soon but it looks likely we will only ever see him on the european stage in the future.

We had similar dissapointment in Germany when Vitali Klitschko knocked out Olandier Solis in the first round, this fight had the makings of a really good heavyweight fight and the only dissapointment was that it didnt last longer. Talk of a dive is stupid as reports state that Solis did serious damage to his knee when knocked down and this was why he couldnt continue. Solis was actually winning the round before the knockdown, a rematch looks very likely.
    There was also dissapointment from an Irish perspective in the early hours of Sunday morning as Brian Magee failed in his bid to win a world title. The fight was stopped in the tenth but Magee did his reputation no harm as he made this bout very competetive against an extremely good world champion in Lucian Bute.

Amir Khan v Paul McCloskey is coming up on April 16th, everyone is expecting Khan to win but Paul has some very useful tools in the locker and is a tricky operator, I definately think he can make it competetive for the few rounds at least but Khan should eventually prove too much for him. This will set up the super fight between Amir Khan v Tim Bradley to see who is the undisputed champion at light welter weight.

The fight everyone is talking about though is one we've wanted to see for a long time now, that is Wlad Klitschko v David Haye that has finally been signed. We finally have an elite heavyweight v an elite heavyweight and I cant wait for this one. I think Wlad will jab Haye into submission but Hayes power and explosivness could shatter the chin of Wlad that has been shattered before.

A very good boxing website that includes a forum for those who are interested: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/
    Last edited by northside hoopaholic; 21-03-11 at 13:32.

finglashoop
    Quote Originally Posted by northside hoopaholic View Post
    Seeing as how the Unfortunate Fooled Cunts have their Turkish wrestling thread, I think it's only right that the best combat sport in the world gets a thread as well.

Dissapointing night on Saturday with Willie Casey getting totally outclassed but you have to give than man credit for having the balls to get in the ring with such a class operator like Rigondeaux. This isnt the end of Willie Casey and no doubt he will be entertaining us again soon but it looks likely we will only ever see him on the european stage in the future.

We had similar dissapointment in Germany when Vitali Klitschko knocked out Olandier Solis in the first round, this fight had the makings of a really good heavyweight fight and the only dissapointment was that it didnt last longer. Talk of a dive is stupid as reports state that Solis did serious damage to his knee when knocked down and this was why he couldnt continue. Solis was actually winning the round before the knockdown, a rematch looks very likely.
    There was also dissapointment from an Irish perspective in the early hours of Sunday morning as Brian Magee failed in his bid to win a world title. The fight was stopped in the tenth but Magee did his reputation no harm as he made this bout very competetive against an extremely good world champion in Lucian Bute.

Amir Khan v Paul McCloskey is coming up on April 16th, everyone is expecting Khan to win but Paul has some very useful tools in the locker and is a tricky operator, I definately think he can make it competetive for the few rounds at least but Khan should eventually prove too much for him. This will set up the super fight between Amir Khan v Tim Bradley to see who is the undisputed champion at light welter weight.

The fight everyone is talking about though is one we've wanted to see for a long time now, that is Wlad Klitschko v David Haye that has finally been signed. We finally have an elite heavyweight v an elite heavyweight and I cant wait for this one. I think Wlad will jab Haye into submission but Hayes power and explosivness could shatter the chin of Wlad that has been shattered before.
    How does him twisting his knee count as a KO?? Klitschko punched his glove not his head, his knee twiseted and you could see he couldnt walk. Sky sports were giving it the over hyped KO when clearly it was his knee that made him fall not the punch. FWIW heavyweight boxing is appalling, ive seen more athleticism at a meeting for arthritis sufferers. Haye is the only exception ive seen in a while.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by finglashoop View Post
    How does him twisting his knee count as a KO?? Klitschko punched his glove not his head, his knee twiseted and you could see he couldnt walk. Sky sports were giving it the over hyped KO when clearly it was his knee that made him fall not the punch. FWIW heavyweight boxing is appalling, ive seen more athleticism at a meeting for arthritis sufferers. Haye is the only exception ive seen in a while.
    Still better than Wrestling, sorry "UFC"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surreal Hamster For This Useful Post:

lucanhoop87
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmHoop View Post
    Wrestling?? more like a homoerotic rolling around the floor contest

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lucanhoop87 For This Useful Post:

finglashoop
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmHoop View Post
    i didnt say whats better. im wondering why its called a KO, he didnt knock him out.

Thanks
    vCash
    It was a TKO (technical knock out). The reason he went over on his knee was because he was hit by a punch, it's not like he just fell over or something. It goes down as a KO on vitalis record.
    Last edited by northside hoopaholic; 21-03-11 at 12:41.

Thanks
    vCash
    Is pacquiao vs mayweather ever going to happen?

Thanks
    vCash
    I honestly do think Paquaio Mayweather will happen, there is too much money to be made from it to not happen. You have to remember there is two huge egos here, two men who always get what they want in negotiations. There is a lot of issues, it's a delicate situation and boxing unfortunately can be like that but you have to deal with that if you love the sport. Common sense will nearly always prevail though (like we seen with Klitschko Haye) and apparantly they (Pac and May) are back in negotiations. The longer it goes on the bigger the fight it will be.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northside hoopaholic For This Useful Post:

Goldendixie
    Is anyone going to watch Prize Fighter on Wednesday night ?
    Sky have dug up Robin Reid for it, he hasn't been in the ring for nearly four years. I wouldn't like to see him get a hiding .

Thanks
    vCash
    I disagree about Boxing being the best combat sport in the world.
    MMA has lapped Boxing in terms of excitement , fanbase, and technical ability.
    I am not knocking boxing, big fan myself but it has seen better days.

If the usual critics opened up their mind and tried to understand different forms of combat like Muay Thai, Jui Jitsu, Judo etc... and watch 3 or 4 events, they might just enjoy it.

Thanks
    vCash
    Prizefighter is nearly always quality entertainment! Only remember one tournament being a let down. I'll be tuning in alright.

Thanks
    vCash
    Seeing as how the Unfortunate Fooled Cunts have their Turkish wrestling thread
    Dont want to turn this into a MMA v Boxing thread because its a futile discussion.

Who is better Wlad or Vitali Kliitschko ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 Times in 1,261 Posts
    vCash
    Anyone see the Magee fight? Gave a good account of himself but again some vicious body shots were his downfall in the 10th.

KOH
    Get the job done

Thanks
    vCash
    Yeah seen it, Bute is a class act in a fiercely competitive division.
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by green ribbon View Post
    Dont want to turn this into a MMA v Boxing thread because its a futile discussion.

Who is better Wlad or Vitali Kliitschko ?
    Two different sports but sports being the operative word being sport.

Neither are applicable to a real street fight but UFC at least brings in a greater variety.

nphoop

A very good boxing website that includes a forum for those who are interested: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/
    Get a grip man.

Goldendixie
    I only seen Andy Lee's fight last night, did anyone see it. It was a war, f*ck knows how he kept standing.

Thanks
    vCash
    Suck my beautiful fucking dick man. Can the WWE die hards please get off the tread.Thanks.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to northside hoopaholic For This Useful Post:

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Jules View Post
    I disagree about Boxing being the best combat sport in the world.
    MMA has lapped Boxing in terms of excitement , fanbase, and technical ability.
    I am not knocking boxing, big fan myself but it has seen better days.

If the usual critics opened up their mind and tried to understand different forms of combat like Muay Thai, Jui Jitsu, Judo etc... and watch 3 or 4 events, they might just enjoy it.
    Spot on, fcuking fantastic entertainment and will continue to eat into the boxing industry.

Whatever people want to watch is fine by me but the idiotic terminology in the op is what I don't get.

Are we to believe that the boxing world is sniggering up it sleeve at the UFC? Not a fcuking chance.

I have trained with boxers and MMA guys, as well as all sorts of various martial artists and reality based fighters and I respect them all, the effort they put in and their commitment is fantastic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 Times in 1,261 Posts
    vCash
    Nobody is questioning anybodys commitment as with any type of combat sport you have to be supremely fit. But sorry guys grappling around on the floor is gay.

I have to agree with Bob Arum's comments.

KOH
    Get the job done

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NY Hoop For This Useful Post:

Thread Information