Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ireland Cricket

Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 629 Posts
    vCash

Ireland Cricket

Cricket World Cup 2011 in Bangladesh, India, and Sri Lanka.

Ireland Warm-Up Games

12 Feb: New Zealand 311/6 (50 overs) v Ireland 279 (48.2 overs) New Zealand won by 32 runs
    15 Feb: Zimbabwe 244/8 (50 overs) v Ireland 245/6 (49.3 overs) Ireland won by 4 wickets

World Cup Group B:

Bangladesh, England, India, Ireland, Holland, South Africa

AGENDA:
    25 Feb: Bangladesh
    2 Mar: England
    6 Mar: India
    11 Mar: West Indies
    15 Mar: South Africa
    18 Mar: Holland

Top 4 qualify for the quarter finals with the top 4 of the other group.

Windies, and Holland games are day games local time, the rest are day/night games. First and last games are winnable, and the game against England will be tighter than the other 3. We need 2 wins imo, to make the knockout phase.
    Last edited by mypost; 19-02-11 at 13:53.

Thanks
    vCash
    If we're gonna shock anyone there I'd imagine it's gonna be the West Indies. Should beat Holland, Bangladesh on home soil will either raise it or bottle it.
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

Thanks
    vCash
    The Dutch aren't bad though. I feel if we beat the Dutch we'll be in with a chance of making the Super 8. Looking forward to it, South Africa vs England in final I'd say.

Thanks
    vCash
    tough group, i can see us getting white-washed, im going for sri lanka to win it.

Thanks
    vCash
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/cricket

top run-scorer I reckon Jack Kallis is worth a few quid at 20s, 4 places being paid out on this(each way 1/4).

wicket-takers again 4 places on the each way 1/4. Few worth looking at here. Swann(20s), Brett Lee @ 16s as well.

Australia could be hard to stop IF they click, India are unreal at home but expectation will be one hell of an obstacle, but I've a feeling they will overcome this and win it.

Ireland are a fairly big price against Bangladesh @ 11/4 too, as I said Bangladesh will either perform or crumble
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

Thanks
    vCash
    Kallis might still be out for the start I think with the injury he got in the final test against India. I don't mind who wins it as long as it's not the flat home track bullies that are India.

Thanks
    vCash
    Come on pakistan !!
    ireland will do well to qualify out of their group.

as for england getting to the final- your havin a laff, intcha !?

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domhnach Bat
    Australia could be hard to stop IF they click, India are unreal at home but expectation will be one hell of an obstacle, but I've a feeling they will overcome this and win it.

Ireland are a fairly big price against Bangladesh @ 11/4 too, as I said Bangladesh will either perform or crumble
    Australia are still in transition and I don't expect them to retain the title, England's one-day side is a different beast to their test team. We don't have a great record against Bangladesh since we beat them in 2007, but it'll be a tight game anyway.

There's no Eoin Morgan to call upon now, the team's weakness has always been batting, but if we can get 200-250 runs per game or a bit of luck with the weather and D/L methods, we might pull off another shock result somewhere else.
    Last edited by mypost; 18-02-11 at 10:10.

Thanks
    vCash
    Final venue in Mumbai failed inspection by fire chiefs SSN reporting

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domhnach Bat View Post
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/cricket

top run-scorer I reckon Jack Kallis is worth a few quid at 20s, 4 places being paid out on this(each way 1/4).

wicket-takers again 4 places on the each way 1/4. Few worth looking at here. Swann(20s), Brett Lee @ 16s as well.

I'd say Paul Stirling 4/1 to be Ireland's top scorer is a good bet.

Amla would be my choice for the tournament.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domhnach Bat
    Bangladesh will either perform or crumble
    They're home to India atm. Put India into bat, and conceded 32 runs in the first 3 Overs. India 370 after their innings. Game won already.
    Last edited by mypost; 19-02-11 at 13:54.

Thanks
    vCash
    People actually watch cricket?????
    Awful sport, honestly dont know how anyone could watch it

Belgard_Hoop
    Always said that myself whisper, then i actually learned the rules and the meaning of the sport and now i love it. . Sure i would watch the elephant polo world championship if Ireland were in it so i shall be watching this as well

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 433 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
    At last the endorsement the cricket world has been waiting for.

KOH

Thanks
    vCash
    England really fucked up towards the end, Holland shouldn't have been let put up more then 220 with ten overs left, instead they end up with 292-6.

Thanks
    vCash
    England won in the end.

This caught my attention during coverage of the Australia game yesterday:
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/7549167.cms

They all (in the studio) agreed with it.

Thanks
    vCash
    Cricket is beyond narrow minded idiots like him

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Surreal Hamster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    Holland let England off the hook there big time. Still should give the Dutchies some confidence for the rest of the tournament.

Thanks
    vCash
    George Dockrell was an awestruck schoolboy when Ireland competed at their first World Cup, but now the spinner is ready to play a leading role at the tournament just four years later. Dockrell, 18, is one of the brightest prospects in Irish cricket and his slow left-armers will be crucial to the team's prospects on the slow tracks of Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka. He will line up against Bangladesh in Ireland's Group B opener in Mirpur on Friday alongside the likes of Trent Johnston, William Porterfield and Boyd Rankin - all of whom featured in the famous victory over Pakistan that saw Ireland qualify for the knockout phases in 2007. The Dubliner remembers that day well having watched it in between homework sessions.

'In 2007 I was 14 years old and I remember coming home from school to watch the games, trying to get enough time off from my schoolwork to tune in It was brilliant watching things like the St Patrick's Day win over Pakistan, I have some great memories of that game. Those guys were big heroes of mine and I would never have thought I would be playing alongside them at the next World Cup. They were definite idols of mine with what they were doing - flying the flag for Ireland at a World Cup. Now that's something I want to do and I hope we can replicate what they did last time.'

Dockrell, who is on the books of Somerset in the LV= County Championship, has limited match experience of the sub-continent but has twice visited India for training camps and is eager to make his mark. He acknowledges that much of the expectation on tracks like Friday's at the Shere Bangla National Stadium will be placed on his shoulders as the side's premier slow bowler and is eager to embrace that.

'It's going to be tough for pace bowlers on these wickets, they don't offer too much so the spinners are going to be important, A lot of games here I will be getting my full 10 overs but I don't see that as a burden, it's more of an opportunity. I look forward to getting the chance to play a big part in the big games. I relish the challenge of being a main bowler for us and putting in some good performances.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Still 11/4 to win tomorrow with BoyleSports and Ladbrokes. Price is shorter on PP.

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
    Matter of taste really.

Its not my cup of tea with a cucumber sandwich , but then again neither is Gaelic 'Football'.

I think motor racing is shit too...so is horse racing and darts

I don't know how anyone listens to heavy metal or drinks whiskey.

All a matter of taste.

Look at the game we love...ffs how many good games have you seen on the box in the last 4 or 5 years?

I doubt I d have fallen in love with football if, back then , it was the game it is now.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to nphoop For This Useful Post:

Thread Information