Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The collective GAA thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 447 Posts
    vCash
    Fierce looking otter altogether and a crafty bugger too!

Thanks
    vCash
    "Initially, the otter had its head in a Tayto bag and I thought it was at risk of suffocating. It was an emergency," he said.

Not just a crisp bag mind you just to be clear on that.

Bit of a more run of the mill one here...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/champion.../mcmahonj.html

Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 975 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Side Hoop View Post

Great pictures. Would like to think he is hanging out the window calling a passer by a "rat" in the bottom photo.

Top one certainly suggests he's Farm.

KOH
    Armed With A Mind.

Thanks
    vCash
    Lessons not learned by Dublin once more again today. Led quite convincingly barely into second half, up by seven or eight points, but lost by one
    I wanted to ask you Floyd if you don't mind. In my last fight before I knocked out George Groves at Wembley Stadium in front of 80,000 fans, I worked a lot on power. So I did a lot of swimming, and I chopped down a few trees myself, and then I held my feet and then I knocked him out. And I'm not known as a one punch knock-out man. Have you been doing that yourself a little bit? Working on power?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 399 Posts
    vCash
    Hilarious, some donkey couldnt manage to hoof the ball over the bar from a free about 20 yards out to save their skin. Skills me arse ...

Thanks
    vCash
    i see they have abandoned stick fighting in cavan for 5 yeras , some bloke said they only have 1 club in the county and 60 members and the bloke said they only are in it to get all ireland tickets.. this is terrible news for the whole country.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,397 Times in 1,380 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpa View Post
    i see they have abandoned stick fighting in cavan for 5 yeras , some bloke said they only have 1 club in the county and 60 members
    You can be bloody sure that they still managed to suck up millions in lottery funding though.

That's the fucking maddening thing in loads of cases - millions upon millions of lottery euros not actually supporting something logical and viable - but supporting a mad and ultimately doomed fascist pipe dream. Cunts.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpa View Post
    i see they have abandoned stick fighting in cavan for 5 yeras , some bloke said they only have 1 club in the county and 60 members and the bloke said they only are in it to get all ireland tickets.. this is terrible news for the whole country.
    Expect to see Australia get the blaim for this very soon ...

;-)

Thanks
    vCash
    yes karlsruhe i drove to sligo for the setanta and we started to count the huge clubhouses / bars and this was only on the main road . we stopped at 30 before we got to sligo can you imagine the number if the villages were counted, id love to know the amount of money and numbers of these there are around the country

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by karlsruhe hoop View Post
    You can be bloody sure that they still managed to suck up millions in lottery funding though.
    That's the fucking maddening thing in loads of cases - millions upon millions of lottery euros not actually supporting something logical and viable - but supporting a mad and ultimately doomed fascist pipe dream. Cunts.
    Top GAH supporter/manager/journo/editor etc Eugene McGee highlighted the above points in print about 10 years ago & everyone thought he was mad.

Cóimead ag Hoopáil

Thanks
    vCash
    the latest from the dublin 3 mafia is funny , in fact it should win a comedy award , 2 players who had a barney in the tunnel at the weekend have been banned for 4 weeks but will not miss any matches .thats a great system .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 825 Posts
    vCash
    Latest news over in Kiltipper, Some of their previous members lit a fire on their all weather pitch and part of it is now in need of serious repair and unplayable.

They now are going to spend their money on a fence after this one off incident.

"we worked hard enough to get this fantastic facility" I'm sorry but I thought this contributes to their debt !? Eejits.
    Last edited by Bawnville Hoop; 29-04-11 at 12:42.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nphoop View Post
    I love mad stories like that.

The Phoenix magazine used to be great for them...probably still is , just I dont read it as often now.
    anyone remember this malarkey, what is it with culchies and mad animals?

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...t-1716755.html

14. The Following User Says Thank You to S-Side Hoop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    I know we are not great lovers of the GAA here, but as someone who hasnt stepped into Croke park since all the shite, you would have to admit that was a fantastic sporting achievement today by the Dublin hurlers.

Thanks
    vCash

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperlunch View Post
    a load of tosh!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 626 Posts
    vCash
    Apologies if posted before, but this is a goal from last year's Boghockey Superbowl. The goal isn't important in itself, focus on the attempts at "defending". Desperate is not the word.

Would make a nice anti-GAA Avatar.
    Last edited by mypost; 27-05-11 at 06:30.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 975 Posts
    vCash
    Whats it got to do with them?

Top managers in Carthy stand-off with RTÉ

By Jim O’Sullivan and Tony Leen
    Tuesday, June 07, 2011
    SOME of the country’s leading GAA inter-county managers are on a collision course with RTÉ because they believe the station’s GAA Correspondent and commentator Brian Carthy’s duties on Sundays have been downgraded.

Tyrone boss Mickey Harte confirmed to the Irish Examiner last night that several managers have withdrawn co-operation and will continue to do so until they get a meeting with RTÉ bosses on the issue.

Harte was one of several high-profile team bosses who turned down RTÉ for post-match radio and tv interviews after Tyrone’s Ulster SFC win over Monaghan on Sunday, explaining yesterday the action was in response to RTÉ "ignoring" a letter sent a fortnight ago seeking a meeting to discuss Carthy’s position.

RTÉ’s flagship Sunday Game programme did not carry any interviews either with Laois manager Justin McNulty or Kildare manager Kieran McGeeney after their respective Leinster championship games in Croke Park on Sunday against Dublin and Kildare. It has since emerged the former Armagh teammates are among a group of eight signatories to the letter posted to RTÉ.

"We sent some correspondence to the effect that we are very much dismayed and alarmed at the absence of Brian Carthy from major commentary roles at the moment," Mickey Harte told the Irish Examiner.

RTÉ head of sport Ryle Nugent confirmed last night that neither Harte, McGeeney nor McNulty would agree to RTÉ interviews on Sunday, a situation Mr Nugent expressed surprise at.

"Brian was on commentary duties in Limerick on Saturday and will be again next weekend. He is still part of our commentary team," said Nugent.

"I am of the conviction that RTÉ will assign reporters and commentators as it sees fit."

Mr Nugent also pointed out that RTÉ have less live commentary matches than before and also had a significant stable of very capable commentator across tv and radio that it was obliged to use. He also confirmed that RTÉ director general Noel Curran had received the letter from Mickey Harte and has responded, even though the Tyrone manager may not have received the letter yet.

On Sunday, Carthy was on reporting duties in Páirc Uí Chaoimh for the Cork-Waterford Munster football semi-final while Croke Park hosted two of the main games of the day, the Leinster double-header involving Laois and Dublin and Kildare against Meath with radio commentary from Darragh Moloney and Adrian Eames.

Harte said yesterday there have been "two voices on Gaelic Games" on RTÉ Radio in modern times, Brian Carthy and Michéal Ó Muircheartaigh. After the retirement of Ó Muircheartaigh last year, Carthy "seemingly disappeared into the ether" in terms of the amount of coverage he was given "or more so the games he wasn’t given".

Said Harte: "We just didn’t think that was good practice because we do believe that for Gaelic Games over the years there has been a distinctive voice on radio,’’ he added.

"And radio is an unique medium. It’s a highly challenging skill to deliver that in a way that paints a picture for people and I think you need to be steeped in the GAA to do that."

Harte explained they had sent their letter to RTÉ on May 23, saying: "We stated those very things I have spoken to you about and asked them — respectfully I might add — if they would give us a chance to have a chat with them to elaborate on how we felt.

"Not only did we not get a response, we didn’t even get recognition that our letter arrived. The letter was sent by recorded delivery, guaranteed next day and had to be signed for to be received. So, I don’t think it has been lost in the post."

Outlining the background to their stance in support of Carthy, he said that "at a quick ask", eight inter-county managers agreed to the letter being sent to RTÉ. "It’s by no means exhaustive and there are loads of people we haven’t spoken to yet. It was just to let the authorities in RTÉ know that we were concerned and that we would like to speak to them to discuss it at greater depth.

If the managers would withdraw co-operation on an on-going basis, he responded: "We believe that will be the case."

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/sport/top-man...#ixzz1OadYteDQ
    Armed With A Mind.

Thanks
    vCash
    Crazy for people involved in any sport to expect to be able to dictate who broadcastors used as commentators. Another shining example of how these GAA idiots see themselves as not just sports team managers but as some sort of cultural guardians. Gobsh1tes!

D24_Hoop
    Fuckin hell, thats nuts.

Thread Information