Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: SPL thread (mainly Celtic)

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    Have to say, those Celtic fans were amazing today, atmosphere looked quality.
    To be honest, I couldn't care less were our songs came from, all I'm interested in personally is if they add to the matchday experience and atmosphere at our matches and that ' I just can't get enough ' song certainly would do that. The whole of Celtic Park was on it's feet!
    ' Lets all do the huddle ' looked amazing as well ( but I'm not expecting to see that in Tallaght to soon! )
    I was over today, good few Hoops over. Atmosphere was good, it usually suffers a bit with early kos and with Sundays but very noisy today.

As for Tallaght, we have had some great atmospheres there in fairness.

Thanks
    vCash
    I'm sure they're doing great things to improve the atmosphere at Celtic, but can someone explain the taking your tops off lark? To me that's the behaviour of new football fans that don't have a clue. There was plenty on display over the weekend, Crawley, Orient. Whenever I see it I automatically think of Newcastle fans. Ooh look at meeeee, I'm taking my top of in cold weather, that makes me just great.

It's the type of behaviour I expect to see from the Ole Ole's at an Irish away game.

nphoop

BigDan
    Quote Originally Posted by nphoop View Post
    As for Tallaght, we have had some great atmospheres there in fairness.
    Ah there's no disputing that nphoop, but personally I feel there is this big ' anti-lets get this song going in Tallaght ' attitude attached to it, which I can't think of a reason as for why the whole of the East Stand singing & jumping up and down to that song wouldn't add atmosphere to our matches

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDan For This Useful Post:

BigDan
    Quote Originally Posted by Iommi View Post
    I'm sure they're doing great things to improve the atmosphere at Celtic, but can someone explain the taking your tops off lark? To me that's the behaviour of new football fans that don't have a clue. There was plenty on display over the weekend, Crawley, Orient. Whenever I see it I automatically think of Newcastle fans. Ooh look at meeeee, I'm taking my top of in cold weather, that makes me just great.

It's the type of behaviour I expect to see from the Ole Ole's at an Irish away game.
    Bit harsh. There was about 800 hoops with there tops off in Modena . We're maddddd

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Iommi View Post

Agree with that tbh..but its harmless really. I think these lads look up to continental ultra groups and its probably something they associate with them. It was fcuking cold there today btw.
    Last edited by nphoop; 21-02-11 at 14:10.

nphoop
    Ah there's no disputing that nphoop, but personally I feel there is this big ' anti-lets get this song going in Tallaght ' attitude attached to it, which I can't think of a reason as for why the whole of the East Stand singing & jumping up and down to that song wouldn't add atmosphere to our matches
    Yep, but lets get a different song.... a song unique to us

BigDan
    Yep, but lets get a different song.... a song unique to us
    Suggestions?

nphoop
    Suggestions?
    I dont think it would be that difficult to doctor the words of some 70s or 80s mega disco hit to suit..

Is there anyone (old) mature enough to recall one, Methodist or Billy Lord..?

Thanks
    vCash
    I dont think it would be that difficult to doctor the words of some 70s or 80s mega disco hit to suit..

Is there anyone (old) mature enough to recall one, Methodist or Billy Lord..?
    Im not being funny but how does a 70s disco song which has nothing to do with football have more to do with us than a famous Ultras classic which our fans where introduced to in Israel?

BigDan
    I agree, I mean nphoop your argument is that we choose a song unique to us right? Well that Dale Cavese song or whatever it's called is sung by several clubs all over the world, yet argubaly it is one of our most popular and was sung in almost every game after July last season including the Pats game in Richmond 3-1 ( especially the half time display ).

' I just can't get enough ' is perfect.

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by SRFCnewbie View Post
    Im not being funny but how does a 70s disco song which has nothing to do with football have more to do with us than a famous Ultras classic which our fans where introduced to in Israel?
    Was the suggestion above about using the same song that is now being sang at Celtic?

Sorry if I picked that up wrong.

Anyway a well known feel good song adapted to our needs would become unique to us.

;You'll never walk alone' has nothing to do with football and yet is now a very famous anthem. 'Two little boys' nothing to do with football. Theres loads like that.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 975 Posts
    vCash
    Best left to happen organically I find. If people want to sing it they will sing it. If it catches on, it catches on. You can be sure that that every club will be singing it this year though. I have always found being a snob to be part of being a Rovers fan and revel in the fact that we tend to be innovators rather than just going with the flavour of the month.

Songs like "Buttercup", "Hold Me Close" or "Two Little Boys" are probably my favourites as they generally have nothing to do with Rovers but just happen to express a sentiment we feel about the club. Plus they just sound great.
    Armed With A Mind.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dunster For This Useful Post:

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunster View Post
    Best left to happen organically I find. If people want to sing it they will sing it. If it catches on, it catches on. You can be sure that that every club will be singing it this year though. I have always found being a snob to be part of being a Rovers fan and revel in the fact that we tend to be innovators rather than just going with the flavour of the month.

Songs like "Buttercup", "Hold Me Close" or "Two Little Boys" are probably my favourites as they generally have nothing to do with Rovers but just happen to express a sentiment we feel about the club. Plus they just sound great.
    Agree, I tend to hate generic songs, its one of the reason I like the political songs at Celtic games... I'd hate if other clubs in Britain started copying the Boys of the Old Brigade or the Roll of Honour or The Soldiers Song

Seriously but,,,every one of those clubs do tend to have their own version of the exact same song, just stick in appropriate club name where applicable

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunster View Post

Bang on, love "Hold Me Close" and the others mentioned, even "Love Is In The Air", they're unique to us, no doubting 'Just Cant Get Enough" is catchy as fuck and obviously works well but as said chances are every other club will be singing it now and not to mention the Ole Ole brigade have started, that's enough to put me off it.
    Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!

Belgard_Hoop
    'Boston-more than a feeling' is quite the happy tune. Il leave it to one of you to fix the words

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgard_Hoop View Post
    'Boston-more than a feeling' is quite the happy tune. Il leave it to one of you to fix the words
    Now your on to something :-)
    Armed With A Mind.

Senior Member Grays Sports Almanac's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,341 Times in 713 Posts
    vCash
    You'ld need to supply helium to have the east stand able to hit those high notes.

Edit: here's a quick stab at some words though

more than a feeling
    when i see the hoops play
    i begin dreaming
    louis kilcoynes passed away

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grays Sports Almanac For This Useful Post:

Rushoop
    need to say that more than a feeling really could be a goer

Thanks
    vCash
    Agree, I tend to hate generic songs,
    "Your Support is F*ckin Sh*t" has to be the worst football chant ever. Couldnt tell you how many times I heard it over the weekend from different sets of fans.
    Armed With A Mind.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dunster For This Useful Post:

Thread Information