Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: SPL thread (mainly Celtic)

Thanks
    vCash

SPL thread (mainly Celtic)

These lads deserve immense credit for getting an atmosphere back at Celtic park despite the PLC working against them

the just cant get enough chant is brilliant-think sunderland & liverpool are begining to copy it now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_z9...layer_embedded

Thanks
    vCash
    Did the Rovers Ultras supply them with their first big flags ?
    I know we sent over our old flags and poles to some group there a few years ago.
    Verde fine alla morti

Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 975 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joedehoop View Post
    Did the Rovers Ultras supply them with their first big flags ?
    I know we sent over our old flags and poles to some group there a few years ago.
    Think it that was the Jungle Bhoys we gave tifos and or poles to.

With regard to the chant, TBC was pushing it on the way back from Cork. Thought it might have been a goer at Rovers till I heard Ireland fans singing it at the Welsh game. Turned me right off it :-/
    Armed With A Mind.

Thanks
    vCash
    Credit where credit's due, they've done an amazing job in not too great a time, had a serious affect on the rest of the celtic support as well it seems.
    Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!

Thanks
    vCash
    Not a great fan of that song but yes they deserve alot of credit. Green Brigade seem to be doing a great job with the atmosphere at Celtic, fair play to them

Thanks
    vCash
    Green brigade do a cracking job with displays and also trying to create an atmosphere in CP. But overall the atmosphere at the home games is shocking, half the time the Green Brigade resemble away fan's in the far corner (section 111) with dozens of stewards around harrasing them and trying to get them to sit down. Only really have an effect on the Celtic support at away games but that's always been fairly decent anyway.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SRFC Crumlin View Post
    Green brigade do a cracking job with displays and also trying to create an atmosphere in CP. But overall the atmosphere at the home games is shocking, half the time the Green Brigade resemble away fan's in the far corner (section 111) with dozens of stewards around harrasing them and trying to get them to sit down. Only really have an effect on the Celtic support at away games but that's always been fairly decent anyway.
    But even the fact that they have that section at home games, all standing, decent-ish numbers with i'm sure plenty more wanting to be over there too, and of course better than what was there before. They've got a fairly good 'group mentality' as well, not just running around taking the piss. I can't stand Celtic but have time for them.

Yeah fair enough celtic away support has always been fairly good but i'd say it's improved massively in recent times since they've really got going.

Commentator at the end of this is classic; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJCDh80Qh8o
    Last edited by BhoopsB; 15-02-11 at 12:02.
    Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!

nphoop
    They are doing a great job...Celtic Park was renowned for its atmosphere for decades, that suffered somewhat with the advent of all seater stadiums, the nonsense about what could and could not be sang, half arsed clamp downs on Irish rebel songs and not forgetting the downward spiral of the teams performances in the last decade....massive stadiums can be ghostly places when there is a lack of enthusiasm emanating from the stands, regardless how many are in there. There was still occasions when the stadium had a remarkable feel about it. But they were few and far between. The away support remained noisy and boisterous but that probably mirrored most clubs

The Green Brigade have done a great job in tackling all these issues, their numbers are growing and their enthusiasm is infectious lifting the whole stadium. They have not been afraid to address political issues and have made their cases well in such instances.

Griff
    Agree their doing a great job. looking forward to the hun game on Sun.

Link above is from a charity based down syndrome school in Thailand where a young Glasgow guy was on some sort of placement and he thought the kids songs and football. Tragically he was stabbed to death in Glasgow recfently on his way home from watching a Celtic game in a local hotel RIP Reamonn gormley

http://www.goodchildfoundation.com/

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Griff For This Useful Post:

nphoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Agree their doing a great job. looking forward to the hun game on Sun.

Link above is from a charity based down syndrome school in Thailand where a young Glasgow guy was on some sort of placement and he thought the kids songs and football. Tragically he was stabbed to death in Glasgow recfently on his way home from watching a Celtic game in a local hotel RIP Reamonn gormley

http://www.goodchildfoundation.com/
    Yep, heard about that lad. Sad, though not as yet any suggestion that the killing was related to the football.

There has been some bizzar stuff from those kids...singing Celtic songs in a cave in Thailand was one I saw a couple of years back...Anyway, its good stuff.

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Thats brilliant!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 825 Posts
    vCash
    Would be fantastic if we got this going at away games could imagine the atmosphere if we sang this in the shed or Sligo......

Rushoop
    that last pic nphoop looks class would love to see somthing like from our ultras obviously on a smaller scale

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawnville Hoop View Post
    Would be fantastic if we got this going at away games could imagine the atmosphere if we sang this in the shed or Sligo......
    I'd rather Rovers fans came up with something original then copy other clubs supporters.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iommi For This Useful Post:

BigDan
    That ' just can't get enough ' song is classss
    Regardless who sings it, it is still a crowd goer and I'd love to see it introduced

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    vCash
    I think it would be class to get this song going especially against the like of pats and bohs when the crowds are big , i know what you mean of thinking of your owns songs but some songs arent getting going like the model club song or Shamrock rovers 1901 but some of the songs the ultras have brought in last year were class fair play to them keep it up .
    Koh

srfc_carr
    Quote Originally Posted by Iommi View Post
    I'd rather Rovers fans came up with something original then copy other clubs supporters.
    every rovers song we sing can be traced back to some club either in britain or europe

Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 975 Posts
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc_carr View Post
    every rovers song we sing can be traced back to some club either in britain or europe
    but generally weve got there before most others in this country, especially the Ireland fans as I posted at the top of the thread
    Armed With A Mind.

srfc_carr
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunster View Post
    but generally weve got there before most others in this country, especially the Ireland fans as I posted at the top of the thread
    thats very true.cant see the problem with useing songs that other clubs sing.anyway it always sounds better by us.simply because there is more of us to sing it than any other club in this country

Thanks
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc_carr View Post
    Oh dear...........I don't think TBC will be very happy with that....-
    'They paved paradise and put up a parking lot'

Thread Information